Senior R&D Software Developer
We are building a fully automated hightech farm for a totally new industry, insect breeding. Therefore, we are building the technology to understand and optimize the rearing of insects. We are looking for a Software Developer to help build these new technologies work on frontend UI, backend, databases and data analysis, and even programmable hardware.
The aim of this job is to contribute to current software work happening across Protix. There are opportunities to work on frontend UI, backend, databases and data analysis, and even programmable hardware. You will be joining one other experienced software developer and many other engineers and researchers who contribute to software. You will have a huge contribution to the direction of our software development.
Making a difference by:
- Developing frontend and backend software that support Research, Engineering, Sales, and Factory Operations
- Collaborating across teams to identify and solve technical problems;
- Writing reliable, maintainable, tested code, and improve the quality of existing code;
- Exemplifying software best-practices and provide technical guidance for other colleagues.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant working experience;
- Strong knowledge of object oriented programming in languages like Python, C++, Java or C#;
- Experience with front-end technologies like React JS;
- Experience with version control systems like git;
- Creative, independent with innovative ideas.
Desirable additional qualities:
- Foundation in Statistics;
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases;
- Experience with PLCs, Arduinos and RaspberryPis.
What you can expect from us:
- A close and passionate team;
- An enterprising environment in which technology and biology go hand in hand;
- An environment in which your ideas are valued;
- The possibility to contribute to the mission of Protix: "Bringing the food system back in balance with nature";
- A challenging environment where continuously learning is most important;
- A piece of the "Protix company pie" in shares;
- A daily fresh organic lunch an regularly fresh OER eggs to take home;
- 26 vacation days and all other standard benefits.
Our mission has only just begun. Jump on board and be a part of this amazing journey!
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/protix-biosystems/