Project Engineer (Logistic Systems)
Do you want to develop new factories in an industry that is on the verge of taking over the food chain? Then you might be our new Project Engineer!
Project execution team
We as project execution team are a part of the engineering team within Protix, which is multidisciplinary in nature. In your role as project engineer you will be part of this projects execution team. From kick-off up to installation and startup of the project the team is completely involved in the process. We are ambitious and plan on multiple new facilities in the coming years. We are looking for entrepreneurial employees with ambition and enthusiasm.
Do you recognize yourself?
As a Project Engineer you will create production facilities needed for our new insect production plants opening the coming years, with a strong focus on logistic systems, needed in our insect rearing areas. Together with the rest of the engineering team you will focus on managing the technical aspects of large scale projects, such as designing and developing factory layouts. These responsibilities cover all phases of development, from brainstorming and evaluating concepts through troubleshooting and support on the factory floor. What you will do:
- Design and specify the logistics systems we use in the insect rearing
- Actively search for the balance between in-house engineering and external expertise
- Manage the budget and timeline of your own subprojects
- Generate appropriate technical documentation (e.g. manuals, drawings, diagrams)
- Manage large capital contracts
Experience and education
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a true belief in Protix' mission
- > 7 years of experience, electrical or mechanical engineering background
- Work history in logistical systems and contract management
- Experience in installation planning and support
- Willing to travel, being there where it happens
- Results-driven and long-term focus, you keep the bigger picture in mind and are goal driven
- You work best in multidisciplinary teams
- You communicate your (new) ideas easily on different levels
- Connecting and communicating with different stakeholders and suppliers
- You are proactive, see new opportunities and dare to challenge yourself and the team
- You are excellent in managing your own projects
What you can expect from us
- The possibility to contribute to the mission of Protix: "Bringing the food system back in balance with nature"
- An enterprising environment in which technology and biology go hand in hand
- Challenging environment where continuous learning is most important
- A piece of the of the "Protix pie" in shares
- 26 vacation days and all other standard benefits