Product Development Officer
To assist the Product Development team in entering the next phase of product development cycle, we are looking for a Product Development Officer.
You will run in-house experiments and manage out-house experiments with universities, institutes and customers, and help in scaling up.
- Plan and execute experiments independently (40%)
- Exploring new possibilities for utilization of insect biomass (20%)
- Desk research on scientific publications related to benefits/USP’s existing Protix products, and writing articles and summaries (15%)
- Setting up animal trials with universities, institutes and customers, writing summaries of trial set up and results (10%)
- Co-ordinate with sales, operations and projects team for scale-up and commercialization (5%)
- Travelling to site of external co-operation, conferences and events (5%)
- Execute day to day activities e.g. co-ordination of finances, NDA/MTA, sample records, etc. (5%)
Education, skills and experience
- A masters degree in Food Technology or Animal Nutrition.
- 0-3 year product development or QA experience in a food, feed or biotech company.
- Understanding of protein and lipid chemistry, and their applications.
- Highly motivated, self-starting and eager.
- First experience with BSF larvae is desirable.
- Dutch language is desirable. Not necessary.
- EU nationality or in possession of permanent residence permit.