Field Engineer Automation
Are you ready to support our operations with first degree maintenance in the field of supplier or own developed systems, and help us with developing new software as our new Field Engineer Automation?
As field engineer automation you will be part of the maintenance team, which consist of different disciplines: mechanical-, electrical and automation. Key objectives of this role are:
- First degree maintenance in the field on suppliers systems. You are first point of contact with suppliers write SW and automation.
- You are responsible for the maintenance and upgrades to our own developed software packages.
- You will be involved in the development of new SW systems as the value captain for maintenance and execution of (field) trials.
- You will be responsible for developing SW for prototypes in our Application Centre.
- You are responsible for documenting and archiving changes.
- You will determine the technical feasibility and are responsible for planning your own work.
- You will work closely with our electrical maintenance crew to design and implement hardware changes where needed.
Experience and education
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level in a related field;
- At least 5 years of experience in related field;
- Knowledge of PLC, SCADA, MES and DCS systems (Siemens S7, SCADA IFix, WinCCflex, Profibus, Modbus);
- Affinity with IT and Ethernet networks;
- Knowledge of SQL/PostgreSQL;
- Experience in hardware design;
- Experience in hardware installation and debugging.
Skills and competencies
- Are capable of manoeuvring in an entrepreneurial environment where things can change quickly and lots of proactivity is required;
- Are able to work independently, with minimal guidance;
- Have general computer literacy such as MS Office Suite;
- Fluent English speaking and writing;
- Must be an autonomous self-starter, who works well within a team and has a positive attitude.
What you can expect from us
- An enterprising environment in which technology and biology go hand in hand;
- The possibility to contribute to the mission of Protix: "Bringing the food system back in balance with nature";
- Challenging environment where continuously learning is most important;
- A piece of the of the "Protix pie" in shares;
- 26 vacation days and all other standard benefits
We are leading the development of the new insect protein industry. We take organic byproducts or waste as feedstock and convert that into high value protein using the Black Soldier Fly. We use the most advanced technology and produce according to the highest standards for both feed and food, improving the health of animals and humans alike while preserving the planet. As our new plant in The Netherlands will be in full force soon, we decided to accelerate the next phase of our industry roadmap and build more production facilities.
Did you get excited while reading this? Our mission has only just begun. Jump on board and be a part of this amazing journey! Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/protix-biosystems/