We are pioneers in sustainable food production. Protix brings the food system back in balance with nature. It has been our life mission since 2009 and will be in the decades to come. We develop smart technologies that efficiently convert end-of-life organic waste into valuable nutrients like proteins for animals and humans.
Our mission has only just begun. From our current product and customer base we are excited to expand our impact by going global. We will do this by continuously looking for better solutions on both product and production technology. Our approach is to make impact now. We commercially serve many clients with our sustainable flagship products Protein X and Lipid X as well as other requested derivatives. Our people are the driving force behind our momentum. Individually unique and collectively strong. We go for the X-factor to ensure we keep on amazing our clients and ourselves.
About the role
As Director Legal, you will be an integral member of a rapidly growing organisation, assisting with everything from drafting and negotiating contracts to providing legal advice and recommendations to internal stakeholders. Looking at our past and future, your future at Protix will be exciting and diverse.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of commercial and corporate agreements to meet business and legal needs, including but not limited to more complex agreements involving intellectual property, licensing, long term cooperation, research and corporate matters.
- Work closely with the sales, R&D, capital projects, engineering and sales teams to provide legal support in all (day-to-day) matters.
- Ensure that relevant (template) documentation, policies and procedures are available and are kept up to date to facilitate Protix’ business;
- Interact closely with mostly the CEO and CFO where needed;
- Further implement and maintain a strong contract management system
- Maintain close contact with Protix’ shareholders and supervisory board;
- Attend management team meetings and provide relevant updates;
- Act as a strategic advisor to the business with executive presence and confidence;
- Promote cost discipline
- Instruct external lawyers when and where appropriate
- A flexible and result orientated approach and the ability to influence others without losing focus on the end result and commercial relations;
- At least five years' working experience at a reputable law firm and/or in-house working experience
- Substantive experience with complex commercial contracts and corporate law;
- An excellent command of Dutch and English, both written and verbal
- Strong project management approach, excellent time-management and organizational skills with a solid understanding of legal operations
- Proactive, inspiring team member with a flexible attitude
- Comfortable to act as organizational conscience, balancing sound risk reduction with commercial optimalisation