Commercial Legal Counsel
Would you like to join our worldwide mission to bring our food system back in balance with nature? We are searching for a Commercial Legal Counsel who can support us in the corporate legal topics we face. Are you ambitious and do you have the experience and talent? Join us and work for the future.
What will be your mission as our Commercial Legal Counsel?
As a Commercial Legal Counsel you are supporting our rapidly growing organisation. In this role you will be part of the Legal team and reporting to our Legal Director. You ensure compliancy with laws and regulations of all contracts, policies and activities within the organization. Besides that, you manage development and execution of organization's legal guidelines. Looking at our past and future, your future at Protix will be exciting and diverse.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Review of sales and purchasing contracts
- Review of service agreements
- Review of contracts in general (maintenance, PR, recruitment, software, etc, regarding general terms and conditions)
- Review of NDA's (operational/ investments/ engineering etc)
- Amendment of contracts
- Legal support in purchase, lease and issues concerning real estate
- Point of contact and sparring partner with internal and external stakeholders for activities above, handles legal issues, escalates to a lawyer when necessary
- Participation in proposals and implementing (improvement) within their own area of focus, while creating legal awareness within the organisation
- Signalizing and picking up developments, legislation and regulations within the own focus area
What can you expect of us?
- You will be part of our mission: 'Food in balance with nature'.
- You will have the opportunity to work 2 to 3 days from home
- A varied job in which you can make the difference within a passionate and inspiring team
- There is a personnel participation scheme ('piece of the Protix pie')
- Flexible working hours
- A fast-moving, entrepreneurial and sustainable working environment
- There is a lot of room and support to take responsibility and to develop yourself
- Do you travel by bike? Then you will receive an allowance of €0,19 per km.
Who are we?
We are on the brink of a global insect revolution. Protix is a fast-growing company and is leading this 'ento-revolution' as the industry leader. Since 2009, it has been our life's mission to bring the food system back in balance with nature. With high-tech solutions, artificial intelligence, genetic improvement programmes and robotics, we produce the ingredient of the future: insects. The black soldier fly is a key player in bringing our mission to life. Their larvae provide us with a unique source of protein that is processed into feed for pets, fish, piglets and chickens, among others.
Our values are a reflection of our culture. We are always looking for new talent who will go for the next step with us and recognise themselves in our values. Because you don't just choose Protix, it is a conscious choice. We care about our planet, are innovative & curious, open minded, diverse and always go for the best result.
Do you want to work for the future and be part of our revolution? We would like to get in touch with you! Apply and connect with us on LinkedIn to keep up to date with our mission.
It is good to know that for us your motivation and the match with our company is key. That is why we do not accept applicants who send only their CV without any motivation.
What do we expect from you?
- Experienced professional with 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in a leading law firm or business
- University degree in Dutch law is considered an advantage
- Advanced theoretical knowledge of and experience with processes, laws and regulations, systems and trends.
- Advanced experience with drafting, assessing and negotiating of (complex) contracts
- Coordinates and performs legal activities at an operational and tactical level, contributing to agreements and contracts, and initiating and giving shape to ideas and concepts, ensuring their realization.
- Holds contacts with in- and external stakeholders.
- A flexible, independent, innovative, solution driven and result orientated approach
- An excellent command of Dutch and English, both written and verbal
- Excellent project- and time-management and organizational skills with a solid understanding of legal operations
- Proactive, inspiring team member with a flexible attitude